Overdrive Command Center
CrushStation is a versatile, best-in-class, stereo distortion platform for your Mac, PC or iPad/iPhone. Its controls can drive your tone from creamy saturation to a brutal sonic assault. But distortion is just the starting point. CrushStation brings multi-effects to the mix by adding a three-band EQ, Compression, Octave Mix and, Eventide’s unique take on failing hardware, the Sag control. Use the MIX Control to blend your dry signal with CrushStation to create parallel compression, distortion, and other creative effects.
Fix, Fit & Feature
CrushStation’s combination of ingredients creates a plugin that excels at the three broad ways distortion effects can be deployed. FX expert and author, Alex Case, refers to them as the “3Fs”: FIT, FIX and FEATURE.
- “FIX” a weak snare track by adding just a bit of Grit & Compression.
- “FIT” finesse the lead into your mix by adding a bit of warmth and bottom.
- “FEATURE” the lead by crushing it ‘til it hurts.
- 35 PRESETS painstakingly tailored to cover all the bas(s)es
- DRIVE from shallow subtle boost to deep overdrive distortion
- GRIT and SUSTAIN pushes into fuzz territory
- SAG was inspired by our experience of the sound of dying analog gear; the power rail sags and the amp starts sputtering, cutting out and sounding ‘broken’
- MIX in higher and lower OCTAVES then turn up the DRIVE and SUSTAIN to crush them together to form massive new textures
- GRIT for low-end, gritty, chugging sounds
- 3-Band EQ to shape your tone
- GATE your signal to tame an aggressive distortion output, or get aggressive with high threshold gating and dry MIX for parallel gated crunch
- RIBBON lets you ‘play’ the effect in real-time and provides dynamic and fluid control to morph back and forth between the settings of your choice
- HOTSWITCH allows you to instantly switch between two different distinct settings within the same preset at the push of a button
- MIXLOCK keeps MIX control constant as you audition presets
- Available for Mac and PC as VST, AAX, and AU plug-in
- iOS version works as a standalone app, AudioUnit v3 plug-in, or Inter-App Audio effect