Based on the Transient Emphasis section of the award winning Elevate Mastering Limiter, Punctuate is a multi-band transient modulator based on the critical bands in the human ear. Punctuate’s intelligent algorithms allow you to control the transient emphasis or suppression of all 26 critical bands with just 4 controls. This makes for an incredibly powerful, but very easy to use, transient modulator.
Make it Pop
Transient shapers are used by top mix engineers to either crank up or soften the transients of instruments, emphasizing either the attack or sustain. However, traditional transient shapers work on the whole signal at once, modulating the whole frequency range when the transient snap is only happening in one band. Punctuate uses a model of the human ear to run a set of transient shapers across the whole spectrum of human hearing. This allows you to tailor the attack of a whole range of instruments, busses, and whole mixes without messing with the entire frequency range. The result is unparalleled transient shaping power focused where you need it, and not where you don’t.
- You can turn the drums up or down in an entire mix.
- Turn up just the kick drum, without effecting the bass
- Pull hi-hats out of the snare mic
- Turn up the snare crack, while turning down the thump
- Bring instruments like acoustic guitars and pianos forward in the mix, or push them back
- Breathe life back into dull or overcompressed mixes
- 26 Transient Modulators aligned to the critical bands of the human ear
- Adaptive Transient slider allows bands to work independently or smoothes them for more natural processing
- Emphasize or Suppress transients in each band, using the global Transient Emphasis slider to scale the overall processing
- Transient Length and Adaptive Transient Length controls allow you to fine tune the transient length
- Scrolling meter display shows the transient modulation in each band
- Mix control for parallel processing
- Same mastering quality input and output section available in all Elevate plug-ins
- Solo and reconfigure the bands for in depth sound design